Saturday, February 5, 2011

Bailey’s Irish Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies ~ Plus A Bonus ~ A Recipe Revisited!

I have a good friend from a Disney message board that i frequent (if by frequent you mean compulsively check 3 times a day) that has recently lost her husband way too young. She doesn't live nearby so it was really hard to do anything for her. The only thing I could think of was - Bake her something!  People always feed loss, and after talking with her about how it would be nice to share a big 'ole bottle of booze to fend of the grief I decided to put said booze into a cookie. Thats the next best thing right?

So this is for you Kristel, and for Doug, gone way too soon, R.I.P.

Ingredients:



½ cup sweet softened butter
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup brown sugar
1 egg
2 teaspoons vanilla
½ cup Bailey’s original Irish cream (i used 2 nips, perfect amount)
2 ¼ cups cake flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup chocolate chips (this is approx, as long as they all have lots of chips its all good!)

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Cream together butter, sugars and egg until fluffy. Add vanilla and Bailey’s Irish cream.
Mix the dry ingredients and blend them into the creamed mixture. Add chips.
Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.
Cool on a wire baking rack.


They were packed up and shipped and actually made it in one piece! Truth be told, I saved a few for us too, and they were YUMMY!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I recently revisited an old favorite cupcake because we  were visiting some friends with a new house in NJ last weekend. My friend, Angela, told me chocolate anything so I made her my chocolate chip cookie cupcakes. I even made chocolate frosting for the first time too. Recipe can be found Here!



They went over great- her 5 year old could not stop telling me how great they were! A happy kid equals a happy baker! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!