Monday, February 21, 2011

Dining Around NYC - Maraca's & Hunter's Steak & Ale House

We have eaten out entirely too much this past month. BUT we did have some great food and even better times going out.

First up was a brunch trip to NYC's Maraca's. It had been recommended by a friend (thanks Scott) and I had wanted to try it for a while. It's located at 33 Greenwich Ave in NYC.  KC & I met up with 2 old friends that I went to High School with for brunch 2 Sundays ago. it was great! They have a $10 all you can drink for an hour and a half and have decent choices to pick. I (along with my 2 friends) had Mimosa's and KC had frozen Strawberry Maragrita's. They never let the glasses get half empty (of half full, you pick). Seriously I have no idea how much I drank (A LOT) but I was feeling reaaaaly good afterwards.

The food was  good too! KC & I both had the Egg, Bacon, Cheese Quesadilla. It's described on Their Brunch Menu as: scrambled eggs, bacon, peppers, onion and cheese in a grilled flour tortilla. It came with these really buttery mashed sweet potatoes. Really tasty stuff. We sat for about 2 hours and drank all we could of that $10 deal! I def suggest checking this place out if you are looking for a good brunch deal in NYC!
~~~~~~~~~~~
The other place we checked out is a local restaurant called Hunter's Steak & Ale House. It's located at 9494 4th Ave in Brooklyn.  I picked it because it was walking distance from our house and we had a restaurant.com gift cert that we wanted to use for this spot. We went on Valentine's day. Turned out to be a really nice, affordable dinner.

I had a sprite (I wasn't really over the drinking at Maracas the day before LOL) and KC had a Guinness. The only snafu we ran into was that at first we were told we couldn't use the gift cert because of the holiday, even tho when i called i specifically stated it was through restaurant.com...but eventually the waitress came and told us we could use it.


We shared the Grilled Portobello Mushroom with Goat Cheese. It was more of a salad with the mushroom on top but it was YUMMY! The salad was dressed with a tasty vinegarette. 

Strangely we had no steak at the steak house, next time i suppose. I had the Salmon with Garlic Butter, Baked Potato & Spinach. KC had the  Double Stuffed Pork Chops Stuffed w/ Mozz, Mushrooms & Bacon, Galric Mashed & Spinach. Really good, hearty food. Their Dinner Menu!


I was hoping to make it to dessert but I was so stuffed after all that food! The whole meal, after the gift cert was added was about $40! Great deal, esp. for a TON of food.  


We have had great luck as of late on new places! I'm excited that KC has weekends off again so we can check out new brunch places! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!