Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day Cookies- My first official sale!

Happy Valentine's Day!

A great friend of mine wanted  me to bake her some cookies for her to give her Valentine this year. She is a hugely creative and supportive friend who almost wants my baking business to get off the ground more than me! 


She wanted some Chocolate, White Chocolate Chip, Cherry Cookies. Not a problem. 


I found a neat recipe for a roll out cookie that was more like a brownie, added the chips and chopped maraschino Cherries and we were in business! 


Stephy's Valentine Treats


3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar

1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk dry flour, salt and baking powder in bowl and set aside. Mix butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla and cocoa in mixer. Add flour mixture, and mix until smooth. Wrap in plastic and chill for at least one hour.



 
I found the dough to be very crumbly and I worried it would come together as a ball for rolling, but it did, luckily. I pre-made the dough and rolled it out the next day, thats just because I didn't have time the first day to bake off the cookies.


After a bit of working the dough and warming it up some, rolling it out was super easy and went fast. My hands were too much of a mess to take pics tho, but once I made them I had them in a Tupperware before packing them up and I did remember to take a picture then! 
She hadn't asked for hearts, I just thought it was a cute idea. I also had a bit of leftover frosting from last weeks cupcakes so I frosted and sprinkled up a few to go on top of the soon to be packed basket. 


All Valentine'd up.... 
Once she saw it was a bit frou-frou we toned it down a bit and this was the final  product:
I made my first official sale as a baker!!!! Thanks so much Stephy! 


See, a happy Kat's Konfections customer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!