Friday, January 21, 2011

Oatmeal Raisin Cranberry Balls

So for some reason every time we visit my in-laws, my mother-in-law always gives us food to take home. Always.  have several jars of peanut butter from her, she has given us cold cuts, leftovers- you name it. The last 2 times we saw them she gave us oatmeal. I don't personally like plain oatmeal but I do like oatmeal in some baking.

So begins the month of oatmeal baking.

I planned to make cookies here but I have a new weird thing happening to every cookie I make these days, they don't spread out. I need to research why. So balls it is! So these were called "easy oatmeal cookies" . I subbed apple sauce for oil and added crasins to them.

After they sat for a day they seemed a bit gummy, i don't know if thats the oatmeal I used or the apple sauce. They were tasty tho. I might look for another recipe for next time tho!


They were best when dipped in my morning coffee!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kat!
    I was looking for a recipe and I found yours!
    I think you have to spread the cookie before they go to the oven... that might help then to be more crispy and not to gummy...
    I'll make a batch today and let you known!
    Verônica Laino
    (from Brazil, pardon for my bad writing)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!