Monday, September 20, 2010

Cookie Dough Cupcakes- The Sequel

I really was unhappy with the way the first batch came out. I am trying to get over my need to overfill a cupcake so....the sequel was born! Much unlike lousy Hollywood sequels, mine came out ten times better!!! I made one minor change to the recipe and filled the cups less and they came out AWESOME!

The change: less cocoa powder. I used only 1/4 cup this time and it balanced out insanely well.

These are going to become a regular recipe for em that I plan to tweak and try in other flavor combinations, I'm slightly too excited about it!

I also plan to put some mini chocolate chips in the frosting when I make them again, to add to the chocolate cookie aspect. I am also in love with this frosting recipe and can't wait to make more in other flavors!

Here's the original version of the recipe. remember 1/4 cup of cocoa powder, not 1/2. Half makes it feel too much like a devil dog, which is good if thats what you want.




One last thing...I am so excited it's fall and I can being my yearly Pumpkin fest! I LOVE pumpkin and plan to make a BUNCH of things with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!