Saturday, July 4, 2009

Food First.

I baked last weekend. I have been so super busy and extremely tired this week I haven't been able to blog it. So better late than never, esp. because they came out yummy.

Oatmeal Peanut Butter Bars

  • 3/4 cup baking mix
  • 2 cups quick oats
  • 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup cinnamon applesauce
  • 1/2 cup raisins
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips
  • 1 egg
  • 1/3 cup honey

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray an 11 by 7-inch or 9 by 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray; set aside.

In a mixing bowl, stir together baking mix and oats until well blended. Add remaining ingredients and stir until well combined.

Press dough into prepared baking pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into bars.

Sorry I forgot to take a pic of them cut up. The only changes I made were that I doubled the recipe! I figured if I was gonna make 'em I mine as well make enough for the week.

KC & I both took them as breakfast bars for work during the week. They are very dense but moist as well and really yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!