Monday, July 27, 2009

Blog Neglect

It has been a very long month. Mostly because work has taken me quite a while to get used to again. My schedule varies from the shifts starting at 9am, 10am and sometimes 11am. There are also call in shifts- which for the record- are for the birds! I have to call 2 hours before my shift and see if they need me, if yes then I need to haul ass out of the house and go work. Kind of a pain. Esp. since I have 3 of those this week, 2 being a weekend. So much for going out because IF I have to work I will be screwed. So far I haven't had to go in for any call ins {knocking on wood} .

It's hard work thats for sure. I am busting my ass everyday. Some days I am more sore than others. I am definitely still in copious amounts of pain but am trying to deal with it the best i can. I work only about 15 hours a week. I'll get used to it, it's just been hard. I nap a lot and go to sleep really early to try and give my body enough healing time.

I took my traditions class, which you have to take to work for Disney. I loved it. History and trivia with the meat and potatoes of the company thrown in. I won a lot of the trivia things, naturally. LOL. I also mad a new friend that day, the only other person in the class who "got it" as far as my love for Disney. We actually ended up runnign into her and her BF @ The mdinght showing of Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince. We watched the movie with them and had a great time. We are all planning to see it in IMAX again. BTW- I LOVED the movie.

We went to Atlantic City this past weekend. It was supposed to be a few days but we ended up just staying over night. I met up with several friends from my favorite Disney message boards (disboards.com). We shopped and had lunch. We had a great time. We ate buffet food the night before, went to the beach for a while and wandered the boardwalk.

We made our trip shorter because we decided to book a trip to Disney!!!!! It was a roller coaster of drama to get to the decision to book the trip- but we are a go! I booked the hotel the day before we left for AC. We are staying 3 nights @ All Star Movies then switching for 2 nights to The Animal Kingdom lodge. It's one of my dream resorts and I am so excited to stay there! Andy is coming with us this time. Laura and Hannah will drive up as well, maybe with more of her family, maybe not, time will tell. It will be the only trip I am able to take as a Cast Member of Disney since my store will be closed after Christmas. I am really excited to be able to go and get all the perks of a CM.

So thats what has been going on with me the last month. Not a whole lot of creative cooking going on. Lots of things in the crock pot that last a few days so I have less cooking to do after long hard days at work. Not too much baking either. I need to remedy that because it is my favorite form of therapy. I need a new flavor to get obsessed with, I have about exhausted the peanut butter ideas already. Maybe something fruity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!