Friday, June 19, 2009

The Waiting Game

Now I wait for my call from Disney. 10 days to 2 weeks is a lifetime when you realize that you are really ready to not be home all day every day. By 4 pm everyday I am seriously BORED. There's only so much going on tho, esp. when KC works all day. Tonight we have dinner plans (Hi Pants!) at the new French spot we found near the house. I'm really excited for it. The brunch we had last week was amazing and I can't wait to try some more of their food. It's one of those cute places with real charm and food to match. Maybe I'll review the dinner here. hmmmm...

The weekend isn't looking too exciting either. Tomorrow we need to do the grocery shopping. We have been menu planning every 2 weeks and only shopping for what we need. It has definitely saved us some serious money over the last few months we have been doing it. It's a little work, but its worth it. Once I start working it'll be more in the crock pot and making double dinners some days, so we have leftovers on late nights. I am a planner, if nothing else, so it should work out fine.

Sunday KC is off. He switched with someone for today's shift. Thats a rare occurrence but in the interest of saving some money we aren't planning on doing much. My birthday is Tuesday and we are saving for that above going to brunch. We are also trying to be on a more strict budget. It's sort of working out. It will be really nice to have some more money coming in from me working. It's going to go towards the occasional dinner out and to make a dent in the credit cards.

That's this year's main focus. Paying off some of the credit card debt we have. It's not so bad, it could be MUCH worse, but we are trying to nip it in the bud, before it got really out of hand. The goal is to not go on a real vacation again until at least one card is paid off. Of course a trip to WDW might be the exception because of my Cast Member discount (which I am hoping I get even tho I am only considered "seasonal").

BTW getting old is starting to wear on me. I don't even wanna say the age out loud, esp. being married to a 24 year old. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!