Friday, May 3, 2013

A Couple of Weeks In.

It's been a couple of weeks since my epiphany day. Things are going really well. My best friend and I decided to start weight watchers, unofficially. She did the official program a year or so ago and lost a ton of weight, so since funds are tight, we are doing it with an unofficial app on our phones which does the same thing. We are going to exercise together and hold our own monthly "meetings" for weigh ins. I know having someone to support me will make it much, much easier. This also means I need to buy a scale *shudder*

She jumped right back on the wagon, I am slower going.It took me a week of getting the bad foods out of the house and shopping some to get committed but I'm all in. I'm still calculating my points regardless of what I eat so I can see how it stacks up to what I should be eating. I am really excited about it and can't wait to see some results. The transition has been really easy so far and the app we have is very simple.

We went to a beach wedding a week ago, which was beautiful. Waking up right on the beach was sooooo nice. I even got to take Lily down to the Gulf of Mexico and put her feet in, she wasn't too thrilled LOL. She enjoyed the pool more, much like her Mama. It was a much needed little getaway.

On the horizon now is......

We are going to Disney! Not just a day trip, a whole weekend!!!! I'm SO excited! We are going for Star Wars weekend and its going to be Me, CHris & Lily and my best friend of 25 years, Laura and her husband, Michael! 

Truth be told we are going up for the day on Mother's day too but it's not a WHOLE weekend LOL. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!