Friday, October 22, 2010

Pumpkin Bread

This is my now infamous (at least around anyone who knows me & esp. to hubby, KC) pumpkin bread. I am obsessed with pumpkin! I have made pumpkin everything- including cream sauce (yum!). This is easy and really yummy but not too heavy or sweet.

*Please note I halfed this recipe this time since I was making one loaf to bring to my father-in-law since he was having shoulder surgery. It makes 2 HUGE loafs, you could even make it into 3 medium sized loafs. Just be warned it makes a lot!

Ingredients:
3 cups sugar
3 1/3 cups flour
1 cup oil
4 eggs
1 1/2 tspn salt
2 tspn baking soda
2/3 cup water
1 tspn of cinnamon
1 tspn nutmeg
a pinch of ground cloves ( maybe 1/8 tspn)
15 oz can of Pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie mix)

Grease the bottom and 1/2 sides of loaf pans.
Mix flour, baking soda, salt & spices together in a bowl.
Beat sugar and oil until well combined. Add in eggs.
Add flour mixture & water alternately ending with flour mixture.
Beat in pumpkin until all is well combined.
Pour into pans.



Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 60 minutes/1 hour.

Cool completely and then enjoy!


It went over really well with dad-in-law & mom-in-law as well. It travels well and is a great fall flavor.

I am so excited it's pumpkin coking season again!!!! I love fall flavors so much!

My next baking adventure.....caramel apple cupcakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!